The not-for-profit organization CENTER, founded in 1994, honors, supports, and provides opportunities to gifted and committed photographers.
CENTER – it is a noun and a verb. It is an action and a destination.
CENTER provides platforms where the creative impulse can be engaged and challenged. Characterized by a community of gifted and committed photographers, CENTER has proven for the last 20 years that it can help photographers grow into their full potential. CENTER programs foster insights and actualizations that ripple and impact all involved.
The annual programs include the Project Launch, Project Development, Choice Awards, Santa Fe Prize, Excellence in Teaching Award, and Review Santa Fe. Public exhibitions, educational presentations and expositions of the work are held in conjunction with the Awards and Portfolio Reviews.
1. Produce high quality programs
2. Increase audiences, participants and members
3. Work in partnerships to better serve constituencies
4. Identify and implement CENTER’s models of best practice
5. Ensure the sustainability and longevity of the organization